Organised by the German Society for Fat Science (DGF).
Interlaboratory comparison tests serve laboratories to check applied methods and to recognize systematic errors. They are a central part of every quality assurance system. The DGF herewith announces the 25th ringtest for fat analysis to be carried out in 2019.
32 parameters can be tested this year:
- 3-MCPD, 2-MCPD, Glycidylesters
- Specific Gravity
- Refractive Index
- Acid Value (Free Fatty Acids)
- Iodine Value
- Peroxide Value
- Anisidine Value
- Polar components in used deep frying fats
- Polymerised triacylglycerols in used deep frying fats
- Butyric Acid
- Heavy Metals
- Tocopherol distribution, tocopherol content
- Sterol distribution, total sterol content
- Triacylglycerol distribution by GC
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Vitamin E content
- Fatty acid composition (C8-C24, including EPA, DPA and Trans)
- Mineral Oil - Saturated Hydrocarbons
- Gardner-Colour Index
- Lovibond Colour Index
- UV Absorption K232, K270 (Olive Oil)
- Pyropheophytine (Olive Oil)
- Isomeric diacylglycerols (Olive Oil)
- Methyl- and Ethylesters
- Identification of an oil or of the components in a blend
- Identification and determination of antioxidants
Vegetable Oil, Olive Oil and a Used Deep-Frying Oil. (150g each, can be doubled on request)
Each laboratory may choose an individual set of parameters from the list above.
The execution and the evaluation of the laboratory comparison test are carried out according to the internationally recognized recommendations "Proficiency Testing Of Laboratories" of Codex Alimentarius and ISO.